Facilitators and training designers need to learn the knowledge and skills to perform their jobs and to postively impact your organizations’ bottom line results. These workshops are customized by Learnware Design for the training professionals, within your organization.
- Facilitation Skills & Strategies (Train the Trainer) (2 to 3 days)
- Learning Architect – Training Design Skills (1 to 3 days)
- Brain Loading Boot Camp (2 days)
A team of eight internal training designers needed to learn how to design performance support tools for new employees. The objective was to reduce the amount of time their learners needed to spend trying to memorize information using recall strategies. Instead they would refer to and use performance support tools, as appropriate.
Process / Solution:
- Met with the training designers and their manager, before the workshop, to identify the specific performance support tools they needed to design
- Custom-designed a two day workshop to teach them how to design effective performance support tools
- Designed performance support tools to teach the training designers how to design performance support tools.
The training design team developed a common approach to the design of performance support tools. They also established an on-going, team-based review process to provide feedback to each other about the quality and effectiveness of their job aids.
The workshop provided an opportunity to begin (and in some cases complete) the design of actual performance support tools needed by learners in the organization. Time spent training learners for (unnecessary) total recall was reduced and/or eliminated.